Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Persuasive Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Persuasive essay topics: Terrorism: a glorious path to liberty or international crime?
The term 'terrorism' refers to a violent action, committed for political reasons in order to spread panics and terror. Terrorism therefore is a form of unconventional warfare that seeks to affect masses. The most relevant issue for nowadays is international terrorism, associated with the activity of the notorious group known as Al-Qaeda, accountable for the 09/11 attacks in New York and Washington in attempts to undermine the moral of U.S. citizens and alter the country's political course. The War on terrorism, proclaimed in the same year, is ongoing, so that border security and control have been substantially increased over the last five years.
Major thesis statements:
1) Terrorism is a violent response to inappropriate government policy, thus, all violent actions are rooted in improper political regulation.
2) The major cause of terrorism is economic, political or cultural deprivation of a certain population, associated therefore with legally enforced with discrimination.
3) Terrorism cannot be justified in any case, since it involves killing or injuring the innocent law-abiding citizens.
4) Many terrorist attacks are state sponsored, so it can be eliminated only if global community joins the War on terrorism.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Although terrorism is unquestionably illegal, some ex-terrorists like Nelson Mandela get control over countries as well as global recognition as peacemakers. Should the individuals, once engaged into terrorist actions, be prohibited from political decision-making for the term of life?
2) Which tactics are commonly used by terrorists? Do they deserve global recognition as global peacemakers after hijacking and inciting suicide attacks?
3) Whereas guerilla movement is today positively evaluated by politicians and democrats, the similar violent movement, known as jihad, is now being inhibited at maximum. Why, in your opinion, does such inequality occur?
4) All regimes are established in somehow violent way, which involves terrorist actions. Many contemporary countries, fighting terrorism, were formed after a set of violent attacks, preceding revolutions. Can terrorism 'for good' (liberation or independence struggle, national movement) be justified?
1) Bacevich, A. Terrorizing the truth. Foreign Policy (July/August): pp.74-75, 2001.
2) Deutsch, J. Terrorism. Foreign Policy (Fall): pp. 10-22, 1997.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on persuasive essays.
- Review brief summary on persuasive essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for persuasive essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested persuasive essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for persuasive essay were split into two categories:
Divorce vs. Domestic Violence
Career vs. Family
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly