Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with 5-Paragraph Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
5-Paragraph Essay Topics: Vegetarianism - is this lifestyle really healthy?
Meat is a necessary component of human nutrition, as it provides humans with healthy proteins, lipids and amino acids that help keep fit and be energetic. However, there are people, labeled as vegetarians, who voluntarily avoid eating meat. Strict vegetarians go as far as exclude dairy products and fish from their daily food intake. Somel studies advocate vegetarianism as a healthy lifestyle, for it slows down natural ageing and prevents from developing such health hazards as cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and even cancer. Nevertheless, the uselessness of vegetarianism is questionable.
1) There is no scientific evidence that points to the advantages of abstaining from meat and meat-related in relation tohuman longevity, as the research data shows that vegetarians and non-vegetarians have approximately the same duration of life.
2) Fruits and vegetables are the source of fructose that in fact increases the probability of gaining excessive weight.
3) The human-being is basically a hunter, as this style of procuring food is most ancient; so the need for meat intake is genetically determined.
4) The research suggests that vegetarians are not slimmer than those individuals who consume animal protein and related products.
5) Vegetarianism is nothing more than a fashionable lifestyle, copycatted by those who follow all modern trends.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Describe vegetarianism as a lifestyle, including its impact on human metabolism. Does it improve or worsen this process?
2) Why is vegetariamism on the increase globally?
3) Meat is known as the basic source of protein that is favorable for human muscles. What happens to a muscular system of a vegetarian?
4) There is a category of individuals who simply do not like meat or consider it disgusting for personal reasons. Is vegetarianism a right choice for them?
1) Amato, P. and Partridge, S. The New Vegetarians: Promoting Health and Protecting Life. New York: Plenum, 1989.
2) Fiddes, N. Meat: A Natural Symbol. New York: Routledge, 1991.
3) MacNair, R. The Psychology of Becoming a vegetarian. Vegetarian Nutrition, 2: pp.96-102, 1998.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on 5-paragraph essays.
- Review brief summary on 5-paragraph essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for 5-paragraph essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested 5-paragraph essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for 5-paragraph essay were split into three categories:
Work and leisure
Leisure time in college years
Leisure v. work in adulthood
Food and nutrition
Is coca-cola safe?
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly