Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Comparison/Contrast Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Comparison/contrast essay topics: Urban and rural infrastructures
Deciding on the place to live, individuals usually take into consideration local infrastructures, or the access to healthcare institutions, education, employment, entertainment and shopping centers. In the United States, rural areas are well-developed, whereas certain remote areas (coastal, mountainous) have limited civilization facilities. On the contrary, most urban areas, although 'packed' with all vital facilities, are at the same time overpopulated and polluted, due to the presence of industries and considerable headway traffic.
Major thesis statements:
1) Rural areas and small towns often fail to provide appropriate education and career development.
2) Rural areas are more peaceful in terms of criminality and teenage delinquency.
3) Unemployment rates are much lower in big cities, so that urban dweller is not likely to search for a job for a long time.
4) Remote rural areas are more suitable for those who seek to establish their own agricultural business.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Do you view rural areas as poorly civilized?
2) Should the government establish additional schools and entertainment centers in rural areas? Is it necessary to build plants and factories in order to reduce unemployment in rural areas and attract new settlers?
1) Burrows, E. G. and Wallace, M. Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898. New York, 1999.
2) Chant, C. and Goodman, D., eds. Pre-Industrial Cities and Technology (Cities and Technology). London, 2000.
3) Hall, P. Cities in Civilization. New York, 1998.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on comparison/contrast essays.
- Review brief summary on comparison/contrast essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for comparison/contrast essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested comparison/contrast essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for comparison/contrast essay were split into two categories:
Urban v. rural life
Urban and rural infrastructures
Urban and rural lifestyles
Nature and seasons
Seasons as natural periods
Emerson and Pushkin
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly