Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Reaction Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Reaction essay topics: Goal-setting theory of motivation
It is impossible to imagine contemporary business without the direct influence on corporate personnel, which implies stimulation of appropriate behavior and job performance. Motivation theories are thus a vital theoretical framework, the applicability of which varies among businesses, but is in general quite universal. Goal-setting theory, created and conceptualized by E.Locke and G.Latham, is based upon the following presumption: human-beings usually direct themselves with specific objectives, which should be clear and concrete, challenging (so that the job or other activity doesn't seem monotonous) and achievable.
1) The goal-setting approach implies the concretization of the desirable results.
2) The most noticeable flaw in goal-setting theory is the low esteem of positive feedback as a kind of emotional motivation, leading to more effective goal prioritizing.
3) Goal-setting depends upon the initial incentive degree: if an employee has high intrinsic motivation from the very beginning, long-term goals increase it, whereas short-term goals are likely to level it off.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Discuss all pillars of the goal-setting theory.
2) In which business spheres is it normally applied?
3) Which requirements does the theory place upon goal-setting?
4) Is organizational culture and relationship between employees well-articulated in the this approach to motivation?
5) Does the theory provide extrinsic or intrinsic motivation?
1) Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. Intrinsic motivation and self-determination in human behavior. New York: Plenum, 1985.
2) Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. "The empirical exploration of intrinsic motivational processes". In L. Berkowitz (Ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology, Vol. 13, 1981: 39-80. New York: Academic Press
3) Locke, E. A., and Latham, G. P. (1990). A theory of goal setting and task performance. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on research paper essays.
- Also, review additional topics for research paper essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested research paper essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for research paper essay were split into one category:
Goal-setting theory of motivation
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly