Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Cause and Effect Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Cause and effect essay topics: Term limits
Term limits on executive and judicial institutions are normally clearly defined. The President, as one knows, is limited to two terms, state governors have 2-4 year limits depending in different states. The key legal and public concern is associated with the participation in the legislative branch: in only eighteen states the legislators' term limits are foxed. As for Congressional term definition, it was declared as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1995, so that the dispute over terms limits is ongoing.
Major thesis statements:
1) The absence of Congressional term limits results in the usurpation of political power by re-elected candidates, as the long-lasting participation in law-making normally brings the reinforcement of the legislator's position.
2) The introduction of terms limits is a violation of voters' rights.
3) Incumbents, winning elections, are simply popular among the voters, and their performance therefore has been successful.
4) Experience is an important job quality, so the re-election of incumbent lawmakers should remain available, as these politicians have already proved their competence and qualification.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Motivation is a vital aspect of any job. Explain why actually the politicians and officials seek to extend their terms.
2) Monarchial dynasties, which normally followed the same political course, often drove the country into the state of stagnation. In the absence of Congressional term limits likely to slow down the progress of American society?
3) The introduction of term limits as a supportive step in favor of federalism.
Barcelona, M. and Grose, A. Term Limits: A Political Dilemma. San Francisco: Westrends, 1994.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on cause and effect essays.
- Review brief summary on cause and effect essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for cause and effect essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested cause and effect essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for cause and effect essay were split into two categories:
The insanity defense principle
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly