Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Technical Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Technical report topics: Central processing unit and its functioning
Due to the computerization of the modern society, the need for information about the functioning of computers has substantially increased. Central processing unit can be seen as brain of PC that processes data and determines the power and price of the PC. Nowadays, CPU speeds have increased to 4 GHz, and this 'race' is continuing because of the general rapid development of information technologies. Each CPU performs three main tasks: 1) reading data; 2) processing data; 3) writing data to memory. The central processing unit consists of several components, all of which are needed to store and retrieve data as well as operate with it in a carefully controlled way.
1) The central processing unit receives instructions from the RAM, or Random Access Memory , though the bus.
2) The information is 'translated' by the CPU's control unit, which decodes information and sends it to other parts of the PC.
3) The Arithmetic Logic Unit in the CPU performs calculations and other logical operations.
4) The ALU uses registers to accumulate calculated results till the operation ends, the control unit - to accumulate current instructions.
5) There are different kinds of CPU instructions: data manipulation, program execution or transfer of the existing information.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) In which ways are the ALU and the CPU's control unit interrelated?
2) Describe the registers the ALU employs.
3) Explain the difference between the registers and the RAM.
4) What are the signs of the breakout in the CPU?
5) Provide recommendations concerning the selection of the processor when purchasing a computer, including the frequency and RAM size.
6) Which parts of the CPU are most vulnerable to superheating?
7) What are the causes of the computer suspension?
- Continue by reviewing some general information on technical reports.
- Also, review additional topics for technical reports, including:
> brief description of the suggested technical report topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for technical report were split into one category:
Central processing unit
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly