Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Observation Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Observation essay topics: Surfing - a struggle against the element
Surfing is among the most popular sports, as it appears as a constructive alternative for football or baseball. Surfing is a surface water sport, in which the person's main task is to break a wave on a surfboard. The most extreme and thrilling type of surfing is breaking huge waves, but this activity requires both experience and skills. The subculture of surfers is quite interesting, as there is a number of sportspeople who regard surfing as their major activity, whereas for others surfing is merely recreational.
Major thesis statements:
1) Surfing is so exciting that it might become a major focus in human life.
2) Surfing is not merely an entertainment, as it requires profound knowledge about the principles of low pressure systems.
3) There is a number of surfing maneuvers: regular foot, goofy foot, shoulder, cut-back, switch-foot, so that this activity has certain technique beyond simple wave-breaking.
4) "Hanging Ten" and "Hanging Five" are the most complicated maneuvers, used when it is necessary to break high waves.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Describe the scenery of the coastal area. Observe the 'mood' of the sea (ocean): is it 'aggressive', 'calm' or 'anxious'?
2) How can you describe the sportsman's active opposition to the element? Provide a metaphoric depiction.
3) Observe the surfer. Does this person look self-confident or worried?
4) Are there any unpleasant moments/fails in the surfer's performance? Describe them.
5) Which maneuvers can you distinguish? Be sure to include their purpose.
6) How can you describe the danger of surfing through symbols? Provide associations from your experience, which seem relevant in this situation.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on observation essays.
- Review brief summary on observation essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for observation essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested observation essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for observation essay were split into two categories:
A classroom in action
A short bus trip
Sports and activities
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly