Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Summary Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Summary topics: Summary of the play 'Othello' by W.Shakespeare
It is difficult to the modern reader to understand the medieval mores, which seem weird even to Shakespeare, the author of "Othello". William Shakespeare, who lived in the epoch of the transition from the medieval clericalism to humanism of the Renaissance, created this play in order to demonstrate the transition of human fate from the absolute happiness to ignorance and pain. The protagonist of the play, Othello, kills his beloved wife, suspecting that she has been unfaithful. Influenced by the treacherous friend, Othello loses his trust for Desdemona and is often described as a "blinded murderer".
1) The play demonstrates gender inequality and the lack of respect for women.
2) The protagonist, being a warrior, extrapolates the war into his family life.
3) Racial prejudices against Othello finally result in the appearance of Iago, who embodies the lack of tolerance for "otherness" in society.
4) One of the major problems the protagonist faces is the necessity to choose between the friend and the spouse.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Outline the main elements of the plot.
2) Which techniques does the author use in order to demonstrate the approaching tragedy in Othello's life?
3) Can the protagonist be blamed for his ignorance?
4) Does the play have a morale? If the answer is positive, explain it.
5) Describe the beginning of the relationship between Othello and Desdemona. Which incentives to marrying him does the woman have?
1) Gurr, A. The Shakespearean Stage, 1574-1642. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
2) Heilman, R. Magic in the Web: Action and Language in Othello. Lexington: University of Kentucky Press, 1956.
3) Rosenberg, M. The Masks of Othello. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1961.
4) Shakespeare, W. (ed. John Crowther) Othello. Penguin Books, 2002.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on summary essays.
- Also, review additional topics for summary essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested summary essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for summary essay were split into one category:
'Othello' by W.Shakespeare
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly