Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Deductive Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Deductive essay topics: Soviet Union - the Red Empire
The USSR was established in 1918, after the October Revolution and the fall of Czarism in Russia. The main features of empire were acquired after Stalin had received political power and influence, and the 1930s-1950s were signed by the blossom of imperialism and aggressive international policy. As the Communist state, the Soviet Union was one of the cruelest empires, which, however, enjoyed high level of industrial and technological development. After the penetration of human rights movements into the country, the so-called 'perestroika' began, and soon after this memorable event, the member states gradually began to leave the union, which was finally destroyed as political entity in 1991.
Major thesis statements:
1) The decline of Communism was associated with the death of Stalin, who actually was the main leader of imperialist course.
2) Communism as political ideology was described in Marx's works, but in Soviet Union it has completely different shape.
3) The inhabitants of Soviet Union first appeared as Stalin's disciples, but in the future they made several efforts to improve the observance of human rights (the Helsinki Union, the Dissidents)
4) The decline of Communism was actually caused by the weakening of the USSR after long Cold war, as well as by global trends of democracy and liberty.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Military force in the USSR as the guardians of Communism.
2) Khrushchev thaw and the dethronement of Stalinism as the first sign of the sunset of Communism.
3) Was Communist ideology outdated at the end of the 1980s? Was the collapse of the USSR forceful or peaceful and non-violent?
4) The situation in ex-member states nowadays - is communist ideology dominant in those independent countries?
5) Political, economic and social causes of the decline of Communism in the Soviet Union. Discuss the perestroika in details.
1) Bohlen, C. From Russia, with Hope and Skepticism. Washington Post, August 16, 1987, A1, A20.
2) Pipes, R. Communism. Weidenfled and Nicoloson, 2001.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on deductive essays.
- Review brief summary on deductive essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for deductive essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested deductive essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for deductive essay were split into two categories:
The most notorious crimes
Jack the Ripper
Helmuth Schmidt, "American Bluebeard"
The fall of Communism
Soviet Union - the Red Empire
People's Republic of China
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly