Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Lab Report Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Lab report topics: Description of Solomon Asch's experiment
Social psychology as a science arose at the very beginning of the 20th century, so it is comparatively new area of knowledge, which needed new research and talented scholars, especially in the middle of the 20th century, as few experiments were conducted at that time. Solomon E.Asch was a person who made an enormous contribution into the development of social psychology as both empirical and theoretical science. Even though his studies are today criticized by several legal accounts of psychological research, the idea of group pressure is often employed in advertising, PR, marketing and managerial science.
1) Asch's experiment was aimed at defining the aspects of group pressure and conformity.
2) The scholar received the following results: 37 of the 50 'real participants' demonstrated their compliance to the opinion of the majority at least once.
3) In the post-research interview, the participants held that they hadn't actually agreed with the group, as the correct answers were obvious, and their conformity was caused merely by the fear of being mocked or regarded as 'peculiar'.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Describe the sample the researcher selected for the experiment.
2) Describe the process of the experiment.
3) How can you explain the results of Asch's research?
1) Asch, S.E. "Studies of independence and conformity: A minority of one against an unanimous majority". Psychological Monographs, 416 (1956): p. 70.
2) Asch, S. E. Social psychology. Oxford University Press, 1987.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on lab report essays.
- Also, review additional topics for lab report essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested lab report essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for lab report essay were split into one category:
Solomon Asch's experiment
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly