Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Persuasive Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Persuasive essay topics: Single parenthood is the worst style of upbringing
With the growth of female independence, the ratio of single-parent families is gradually increasing. Single parenthood prevails for several major reasons: divorce, non-marital sex, widowhood or the loss of spouse. Scholars have controversial attitudes towards such families: on the one hand, children living with single mothers or fathers, learn independence and individualism; whereas they are also more vulnerable to the negative influences of peer groups and subcultures. In 2005, the ratio of single-parent families was about 43 per cent, in addition, one-fifth of single parents are male.
Major thesis statements:
1) Single parenthood is unnatural, due to biological, historical and social significance of traditional nuclear family.
2) Single parenthood is an only solution in case of domestic violence: the removal of the child from cruel environment is most helpful in case of parental child abuse.
3) Daughters of single mothers are likely to choose subconsciously her mother's path and bring up children on her own.
4) Male teenagers, living with single mothers, are predisposed to delinquency and have lower academic achievements.
5) Single parenthood is cultivated through creating appropriate conditions for female employment, promotion of gender equality and government support.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) 'Shotgun marriage' vs. single parenthood. In which case the interests of child are met more appropriately?
2) It is known that single parents are extremely affected by poverty and concerned about breadwinning. Do they really neglect their children?
3) The three widespread family patterns are control, emotional support and democracy. Which ones are overlooked by single mothers? By single fathers?
4) Which additional duties should the child perform in single-parent families? Which duties are attributed to firstborns?
5) Which situation would be a 'minor evil' for a child: life with a single parent or in the nuclear family, where mother and father have no respect for each other?
6) Which impact might single parenthood make on the further generations?
1) Cherlin, A. and Fomby, P. A Closer Look at Children's Living Arrangements in Low-Income Families. Policy Brief 02-03, Welfare, Children, and Families Study. Sage Publications Inc, 2002.
2) Hsueh, C.T. Single-Parent Families Revisit. The Journal of Community Development 58,1992 :306-310.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on persuasive essays.
- Review brief summary on persuasive essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for persuasive essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested persuasive essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for persuasive essay were split into two categories:
Divorce vs. Domestic Violence
Career vs. Family
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly