Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Evaluation Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Evaluation essay topics: School vouchers
An education vouchers is a certificate allowing parents to pay for the child's education of their choice rather than enrolling the prospective schoolboy or schoolgirl to a public school, to which he/she was assigned. The K-12 school system is widely criticized for the monopolization of education, and for the support for social division, so that the parents with lower income have almost no opportunity to select between schools for their children. In addition, school vouchers are likely to raise the quality of education through initiating competition among schools, seeking to have more students and therefore more governmental funding.
Major thesis statements:
1) Social stratification is a necessary condition for social progress, but through raising the availability of education school vouchers are likely to rub off the borders between social classes.
2) Competition among schools is likely to result in the discontinuation of numerous art education institutions and eventually - in the one-sided education.
3) The 'rich privilege' in education is justified, since conscious parents should plan and work on work on the funding for their child's education since the minor's early years.
4) Private schools are not always accountable in terms of teacher's ethics abuse, so that the children from lower social classes might be mistreated by private school staff.
5) Numerous studies suggest that knowledge level in American school students is extremely low, which points to the poor quality of education, so that only school vouchers can solve this problem.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Discuss the major threats of voucher system. Is it likely to raise bureaucratic influence on American parents and their children?
2) Are school vouchers likely to incite sound quality competition among education institutions or the mere overpopulation of the most 'fashionable' schools?
3) Is the introduction of school vouchers likely to raise the availability of education?
4) Provide a detailed evaluation of the principles of school voucher education. Is there a probability of discrimination or deprivation of vouchers?
Peabody, M. The lure of School Vouchers. Liberty Magazine, July/August 2000. Available online at: http://libertymagazine.org/article/view/216
West, E. Education Vouchers in Principle and Practice: A Survey. The World Bank Research Observer, February 1996. Available online at: http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/hnp/hddflash/workp/wp_00064.html
- Continue by reviewing some general information on evaluation essays.
- Review brief summary on evaluation essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for evaluation essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested evaluation essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for evaluation essay were split into two categories:
School and university issues
Suppression of arts and humanities
The importance of sex education
The availability of education
Aggression and violence
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly