Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Admission Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Admission essay topics: Privacy and confidentiality in healthcare institutions
The ancient Greek physician known as Hippocrates, insisted on medical confidentiality: the information about one's diseases can be distributed only after gaining his/her compliance. More precisely, the patient should be completely aware of their ailment and is encouraged to require additional information about treatment procedures. Nowadays, doctors and medical personnel face serious ethical dilemmas, which challenge confidentiality - for instance, they are forced to choose between informing the patient on their fatal illness and sharing this information only with their relatives or caregivers.
Major thesis statements:
1) The violation of privacy principles in healthcare institutions is likely to result in employment-related problems for the patient.
2) All aspects of genetic privacy are within the realm of natural human rights.
3) Privacy issues are particularly important in the areas of mental health, venereology and HIV-AIDS.
4) Physicians and nursing staff, demonstrating ignorant behavior concerning confidentiality, act unlawfully.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Imagine yourself as a physician and discuss your own measures towards the increase of medical confidentiality.
2) In which situations the information about patient's disease should be secreted from this healthcare user?
3) Should the information about one's health state be secreted& Explain.
4) Imagine yourself as a physician. One of your nurses seems to have broken confidentiality principle, but you are poorly informed about the situation. How would you act?
1) Alpert, S. Protecting Medical Privacy: Challenges in the Age of Genetic Information. Journal of Social Issues, Vol.59, No.2, 2003: pp.301-322.
2) Garfinkel, S. Database Nation:the Death of Privacy in the 21st Century. Sebastopol, CA: O'Peilly, 2000
3) Goldman, J. Protecting Privacy to improve health care. Health Care, November-December 1998, pp.47-60.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on admission essays.
- Review brief summary on admission essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for admission essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested admission essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for admission essay were split into two categories:
Medical school admission essays
Privacy and confidentiality
Healthcare is your future
Law school admission essay
Law as progressive discipline
Legalization of marihuana
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly