Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Classification Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Classification essay topics: Personality types
Due to different psychological approaches, there are various ways of classifying people into personality types. In the United States, the most widely used are the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, which measures four interaction roles in terms of intuition/sensory, introversion/extraversion, rationality/irrationality, thinking/feeling, and Thomas's temperament typology that introduces nine variables: activity, regularity, approach to withdrawal, adaptability, intensity, mood, distractibility, persistence and attention span, and sensitivity. Even though it is extremely difficult to fit unique human personality into the above mentioned scholarly criteria, these two typologies are workable, especially in the area of human relationships and their harmonization.
Major thesis statements:
1) Personality classification is useless, as individuals are extremely diverse.
2) Personality typologies are valid only in some areas such as employment, politics, management, but they are powerless in other ones.
3) Personality classifications consider a number of parameters, so they are universal and applicable.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Which of the two classifications, Keirsey or Myers-Briggs' classification, - is more applicable in business and can be used on a daily basis?
2) Should psychologists develop a universal personality typology?
3) Can extraverts act as introverts, or rational personalities as irrational ones?
4) Describe the personality classification which, in your view, works well.
5) Which factors actually shape human temperament?
1) Begley, C.R. Factor structure of temperament in the third year of life. Journal of General Psychology, 118 (3): pp.291-297, 1991.
2) Kagan, J. Galen's prophecy. Temperament in human nature. New York: basic Books, 1994.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on classification essays.
- Review brief summary on classification essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for classification essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested classification essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for classification essay were split into two categories:
Character and personality
Human emotional intelligence
Periodization of human life span
Infancy and childhood
Adolescence and adulthood
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly