Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Persuasive Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Persuasive essay topics: The United States should conduct nuclear disarmament
Disarmament refers to the reduction of eradication of certain weapons, normally those affecting large masses or populations (mass destruction weapons). Nowadays, the campaign is associated with two 'best-armed' countries: Russia and the United States. Nuclear weapon was first created before the Cold War and was significantly improved between the 1950s and 1990s. Many world countries have already dismantled their nuclear weapons: after the apartheid period in South Africa the region conducted disarmament, similarly, after the fall of Soviet Union most ex-participants undeployed nuclear weapons. Nevertheless, the United States and Russia still possess considerable nuclear potential.
Major thesis statements:
1) The existence of nuclear weapon in certain country doesn't exactly point to its militant or aggressive intentions.
2) The eradication of nuclear arms is not likely to prevent warfare, as each country has certain military potential.
3) Nuclear arms are unnecessary in the age of peace-making, and due to the fact that they are dangerous, nuclear weapons should be removed from the globe.
4) With regard to the fact that the elimination of nuclear weapons in the United States and Russia is not likely to provide the same pattern for India and Pakistan, this type of weapon should not be dismantled in the present day, otherwise nuclear potential will be monopolized by the Middle East.
5) The invention, probation and application of nuclear power have already taken the lives of millions, so nuclear weapon should be dismantled immediately.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Discuss the current political situation in the United States. Consider the reasons for its reluctance to participate in nuclear disarmament programs.
2) Analyze the actions of international organizations towards the persuasion of American decision-makers to undeploy America's nuclear potential.
3) Discuss the UN nuclear disarmament program. Which motivations does it offer to nuclear countries, which decide to remove the weapons?
4) Why should the United States destroy its nuclear treasures? Can the disarmament be conducted in the nearest future, in your opinion?
5) Discuss the hazards, associated with the utilization (undeployment or burial) of nuclear weapon.
1) Grahm, Jr., Thomas. Disarmament sketches: Three Decades of Arms Control and International Law. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 2002.
2) Nuclear Weapons Programs. Weapons of Mass Destruction Around the World. October 6, 1999. Federation of American Scientists. Available online at: http://fas.org/nuke/guide/brazil/nuke
- Continue by reviewing some general information on persuasive essays.
- Review brief summary on persuasive essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for persuasive essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested persuasive essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for persuasive essay were split into two categories:
Divorce vs. Domestic Violence
Career vs. Family
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly