The definitions of methodology, method, subject, object, hypothesis and research
Scholarly research is one of the most important components of any area of knowledge or discipline. Research is defined as a purposeful procedure of gathering, processing and analyzing information about certain question of the scholar's interest. Methodology is a component of any scholarly inquiry, as it is in fact a list of practices or experiences which might be applied in the study, and method is a manner or procedure, which allows systematic and well-organized collection of data. Object is a factual purpose of the research, or the main focus of scholarly attention (certain characteristic), whereas subject is an organism/individual or group of people the researcher plans to observe or study.
Major thesis statements:
1) When defining the terms 'methodology' and 'method', it is important to avoid combining them, as in scholarly research they have completely different contexts.
2) In different disciplines, the term 'research' might have different connotations, due to the dissimilarity of methods and tools.
3) Methodology is sometimes viewed as theoretical framework, or the basic information, needed to conduct a valid study.
4) In social research, the term 'participant' is used instead of 'subject'.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) How do these terms sort with each other? Can you draw any interrelation between the mentioned terms?
2) Provide your definitions of the terms for social and natural sciences.
3) Is it possible to conduct a research without any visible object? Without the subject?
4) Can the researcher do without methodology, when designing the study? Which frameworks did the pioneers use, when studying completely new areas of knowledge?
- Continue by reviewing some general information on definition essays.
- Review brief summary on definition essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for definition essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested critical essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for definition essay were split into two categories:
Definition of 'science'
Definition of 'methodology'
Definitions of universal values
'evil', 'genius', 'eternity', 'time'
'honor', 'stability', 'dependability'
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly