Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Expository Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Expository essay topics: Internet-pornography and obscenity
Internet pornography refers to explicitly obscene materials (texts, video and images), which have no artistic value and abuse common beliefs in morality, lawfulness and decentness. Internet pornography belongs to the groups of Cybercrimes, but its most dangerous features, distinguishing Web-obscenity from the vast complex of similar crimes, are availability and pernicious impact on human consciousness, especially on the cognitive development of young individuals. Pornography on the Internet has caused considerable moral panics, but the main problem of anti-obscenity war is the fact that the related materials derive from third-world countries with poor Internet-related legislation.
Major thesis statements:
1) Internet pornography is a huge industry like drug business, so the eradication of obscenity on Web requires well-organized policy and legal enforcement.
2) Internet pornography creates the illusion of availability and permissibility, so it should be strictly restricted.
3) Obscenity is an atavism of bygone epochs, sexual revolution of the 1960s modified the difference between 'decent' and 'obscene', thus, Web-pornography should be legalized.
4) Web-obscenity can be accessed by children and teenagers, so it is particularly important to develop more Internet filters and censorship tools.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Which countries are the main providers of Web-pornography? In your opinion, how can the United States stimulate these countries to take preventative measures?
2) Which methods do the criminals use when distributing sexually explicit materials? Can Internet-pornography be viewed as a distinct industry?
3) Discuss the safety measures, used by reliable Web-sites that seek to protect underage visitors from obscene materials.
4) Explain the so-called 'third person effect'.
5) Can sexuality enjoy more manifestation on Web and why?
Evans, A., Goodson, P. and Mccormick, D. Searching for Sexually Explicit Materials: An Exploratory Study of College Students' Behavior and Attitudes. Archives of Sexual behavior, vol.30 (2), 2001, pp. 1-18
- Continue by reviewing some general information on expository essays.
- Review brief summary on expository essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for expository essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested expository essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for expository essay were split into three categories:
Reproductive health issues
In vitro fertilization
Abortion and public consciousness
The 20th century inventions
Monoverse v. multiverse
End of the world
Cyberspace of virtual reality
Privacy in the Cyberspace
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly