Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Position Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Position essay topics: Computer and Internet addiction - the 21st century plague
Addiction is a strong habit, which normally cannot be eliminated without professional assistance. Computer and Internet in particular constitute powerful virtual reality, which seems an alternative of objective world, bringing new problems day by day, so that the distraction from vital daily issues is increasingly more often associated with escapism into the 'parallel world'. This problem can be attributed to both individual and macrosocial levels, as it might signify both destructive alterations of human consciousness and the pathological development of computerized societies.
Major thesis statements:
1) Addiction is a vital condition of human functioning, as it determines one's interests, hobbies and ambitions; in this sense, computer addiction can also be to some extent useful for society, whereas unquestionably harmful for the individual.
2) Computer/Internet addiction prevails among the individuals with low social skills.
3) Due to the fact that this strong habit is spreading rapidly around the world, it is possible to state gradual de-socialization, especially in the 'first-world'.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Consider the reasons why computer addiction effects increasingly more people around the world.
2) Can Internet facilities completely replace (serve as a substitute of) such issues as family and friendship? Are these two values universal and indispensable?
3) Is computer addiction a side effect of information technology, in your opinion?
4) Individuals in all epochs got addicted to certain substances or objects: for instance, with the advent of tobacco in Western Europe, many Europeans become inveterate smokers, but no crucial social changes happened in connection with the introduction of the new product. Is computer/Internet addiction merely a 'had habit' or a signal of the future social problems?
- Continue by reviewing some general information on position essays.
- Review brief summary on position essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for position essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested position essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for position essay were split into two categories:
Information technology threats
Computer and Internet addiction
Cultural issues within the US
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly