Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Annotated Bibliography Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Annotated bibliography topics: 'Current immigration policy in the United States'
In the present day, the United States has become an opened country for migrant workers, who seek temporary employment, or students, who wish to study at American colleges and universities. Nevertheless, permanent residence and citizenship, although sought, are still barely attainable for most immigrants, as the contemporary policy supports only four principles of permanent immigration: family reunification, citizenship by American origin, protection of refugees and welcoming of employees with desirable skills. These principles are declared in the 2004 reform.
1) The increase of immigrant inflow creates additional tension on the social sector and the need to create new vacancies for qualified workers.
2) A number of immigrants are used exceptionally to nourish the country's economic growth, but without giving them a worthy compensation.
3) The programs, aimed at assimilation and acculturation of permanent immigrants, demonstrate satisfactory results, so the United States is becoming a multicultural country.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Are all programs, designed for immigrants, workable?
2) Explore and describe the career perspectives for migrant workers.
3) Which negative consequences for the state's third sector do you distinguish in relation to the increase of immigration?
1) Alba, R. and Nee, V. Remaking the American Mainstream: Assimilation and Contemporary Immigration. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2003.
2) Barone, M. and Hanson, M. "The Immigration Debate". U.S. Department of State International Information Program. http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itsv/1204/ijse/barone.htm, 2005.
3) Borjas, G. J. Heaven's door: Immigration policy and the American economy. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University, 1999.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on annotated bibliography essays.
- Also, review additional topics for annotated bibliography essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested annotated bibliography essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for annotated bibliography essay were split into one category:
Hiroshima: American viewpoint
Current immigration policy in the US
Che Guevara's revolutionary activity'
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly