Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Response Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Response essay topics: Do you agree with the ideas, suggested in the book 'Getting to Yes' by R. Fisher, W.Ury and B.Patton?
The book entitled 'Getting to Yes' by R. Fisher, W.Ury and B.Patton is designed for broad target audience, but is particularly interesting to those, who would like to understand and apply the strategies that allow gaining compliance or achieving consensus. The four principles, described in the writing, should be understood as the stages of negotiation. The book substantiates the importance of using objective criteria to manage with the discrepancies in the proposals. These differences jeopardize the negotiation, as they might turn into another powerful apple of discord, so it is also important to share interests.
1) The authors allege that common interests are more important than shared positions and views.
2) The authors suggest that separating individuals from questions and problems discussed allows maintaining positive and humane relationships, which, in turn, are likely to play their helpful role in the process of gaining (mutual) agreement.
3) One of the most serious barriers to compromise is human emotions, as the mentioned process might frustrate or cause aggression, anger or guilt.
4) The writing teaches to distinguish between individuals from the points of conflict or debate and regard the opponent as a partner rather than an adversary.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) How do the scholars describe the counterproductive negotiation? Which negative emotion-based techniques should be avoided?
2) Is it a good idea to change the opponent's interests?
3) Do you agree that in the process of negotiation, both sides are able to identify all opponent's interests?
4) What would you like to add to the recommendations for successful negotiations?
Fisher, R., Ury, W. and Patton, B. Getting To Yes, 2nd Ed. New York: Penguin Books, 1999.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on response essays.
- Also, review additional topics for response essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested response essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for response essay were split into one category:
'Getting to Yes' by R. Fisher
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly