Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Definition Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Definitions of 'honor', 'stability', 'dependability' and 'independence' as major social values in America
All social values have numerous definitions since these terms are used in both individual and social contexts. Honor, for instance, means personal merit or achievement as well as good reputation among peers or in broader community. Stability is on the one hand, defined as resistance to changes, static state, whereas the term can be used in positive context - stability as an ability to maintain certain level of development and preserve oneself from degradation. Dependability is a personal quality that points to one's responsibility and capability of performing all duties assigned. Independence is one of the most complicated terms, as it might mean both sufficient income for self-provision as well as the autonomy of certain nation or group of people.
Major thesis statements:
1) Although 'dependability' and 'independence' have dissimilar definitions, these terms are often used, when it is necessary to describe briefly American value system.
2) The term 'stability', when used with different adjectives, might imply different issues - from emotional to financial stability.
3) Honor can be viewed as a source of credit, i.e. it might have causal nature.
4) Political and national independence can also have absolutist or relativist definitions: on the one hand, the term might imply complete political freedom, on the other hand, it means that the freedom given to certain nation is sufficient to view this group as autonomous.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Provide your own understanding of the mentioned terms.
2) Think whether personal dependability always imply the independence of this individual.
3) The aspects of political and individual independence.
4) The term 'honest' basically derives from the word 'honor'. Explain.
1) Bell, W. J., Jr. The Declaration of Independence: Four 1776 Versions. Philadelphia: The American Philosophical Society, 1986.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on definition essays.
- Review brief summary on definition essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for definition essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested critical essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for definition essay were split into two categories:
Definition of 'science'
Definition of 'methodology'
Definitions of universal values
'evil', 'genius', 'eternity', 'time'
'honor', 'stability', 'dependability'
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly