Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Research Papers. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Research paper topics: The problems of historiography and biases of historical truth
Taking into account the nature of historical truth, it cannot be viewed from absolutist position, but rather from relativist perspective. The values, dictated by the certain epoch, determine the purpose and the context of history, so there is a number of historical biases (again, from modern viewpoint) in the writings, describing and explaining the past experiences. Due to the fact that there is a plenty of historiographic schools, one can presume that each of them chooses specific symbol or aspect as a baseline and develops its argument through certain prism. In addition, social stratification determined the status of certain individual in society and consequently resulted in the creation of 'middle class' or 'aristocratic' approach to making historical notes, and, more importantly, religious approach had been predominant in this sense over more than a thousand years.
1) The purpose of history hasn't been static over the societal developmental course - it has altered a number of times - from the simple glorification of the certain ruler's deeds to the formation of public consciousness and stereotypes.
2) Historians, as the members of society, naturally shared most stereotypes and social convictions , even writing purely 'for the sake of history'.
3) Nowadays, historical biases are close-knit to the issues, which arise in connection with social, gender and racial equality, so the modern media are concentrating on covering these issues and determining public opinion.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Divide the development of historiography in the following periods: Antiquity, Middle Ages, Renaissance, Enlightenment, Modernity and Post-Modern world and compare the historiographic approaches, developed in these epochs.
2) Can the idea of Orientalism refer to the alteration of historical truth?
3) Can the biasing of truth be eradicated or remedied?
Said, E. Orientalism. New York: Vintage, 1979.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on research paper essays.
- Also, review additional topics for research paper essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested research paper essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for research paper essay were split into one category:
Goal-setting theory of motivation
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly