Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Exploratory Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Exploratory essay topics: The existence of deity (God)
The question concerning the existence of influential supernatural power primarily relates to the contemporary philosophical dispute. One sure notion about the existence of deities is that they exist in all cultures, both monotheist and polytheist; and that religion can be primary viewed as a psychological defense mechanism. The idea of controlling supernatural force is today viewed by agnostics and atheists as an attempt to explain incomprehensible issues, which are today clarified in scientific disciplines. Nevertheless, the newly-appeared 'religiously-oriented science' is extremely popular, especially in the developed world.
Major thesis statements:
1) God exists, otherwise different ancient hadn't developed approximately similar beliefs and, more importantly, religious stories and narratives.
2) Christian God doesn't exist; otherwise the world sufferings had been prevented or avoided by humanity.
3) Although the origins of life on the Earth have already been conceptualized, the origin of the Universe remains questionable, and creationism is most flexible approach, explaining the appearance of cosmos as a result of the divine Creation.
4) Human creative abilities are different from those of animals, which means, humans differ tremendously from other living-beings. This fact therefore coincides with the Biblical statement that humans are created in accordance with God's image.
5) The appearances of deities still haven't been verified and chronicled only in hole texts, whose validity is still challenged by scientists.
6) Religion is primarily societal mechanism, or an institution that conducts social control, promotes certain norms and imposes beliefs.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Outline the difference between atheists and agnostics.
2) Which opinions concerning the existence of God are most popular in scientific world nowadays?
3) The questionable omnipotence of God. Is God actually capable of controlling humanity, natural world and the relationships between them?
4) The hypostases of deities in the world's most important religions (be sure to include Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and Judaism).
5) "God is dead" - writes Friedrich Nietzsche. How do you understand this statement?
6) God vs. Devil: the eternal struggle. The symbolic explanation, for this clash, proposed by psychologists (first and foremost by psychoanalysts).
1) Angeles, P.A. The Problem of God: A Short Introduction. Buffalo, New York, Prometheus Books, 1980.
2) Flew, A. God and Philosophy. New York, Harcourt, Brace and World, 1969.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on exploratory essays.
- Review brief summary on exploratory essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for exploratory essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested exploratory essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for exploratory essay were split into two categories:
Popular scholarly debates
Origins of life
The existence of deity (God)
UFO and aliens
Ghosts and witchcraft
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly