Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Definition Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Definition essay topics: Define the terms 'evil', 'genius', 'eternity', 'time'
The term 'evil' refers to the negative characteristics, as it is a synonym of 'wicked' and 'immoral'. Used as a noun, evil means malevolence, cruelty, misfortune or destructive impact. Genius is also used as both adjective and noun: on the one hand, the term means extraordinary intellectual abilities or inventiveness; on the other hand, it refers to a person, who possesses such abilities. The term 'time' has multiple and complicated definitions, but the most popular is a non-spatial continuum that occurs in irreversible succession, and 'eternity', in turn, is defined as endless time.
Major thesis statements:
1) The connotations of 'evil' and 'genius' can be ironic, especially in colloquial use.
2) Each individual should develop their own understanding of 'evil' and 'eternity'.
3) 'Eternity' can be viewed not only as endless time, but as the time, given for the existence of the Universe.
4) 'Genius' in qualitative meaning is an individual whose IQ exceeds 140.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Which definitions of the terms, you feel, are most appropriate?
2) In which contexts are the terms normally used? What kind of literature (fiction/non-fiction/academic) employs these terms?
3) Provide interesting connotations for the terms, used in your circle or college group.
4) Is it possible to measure eternity, in your opinion? Which sensory associations do you have, when you hear or read this term?
5) Which understanding of evil prevails nowadays - absolutist or relativist?
6) Linear and circular time. Which model is more familiar to you?
1) Butchvarov, P. Skepticism in Ethics. Bloomington and Indianapolis, Indiana University Press, 1989.
2) Ratzinger, J. C. and Pera, M. Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam. New York: Basic Books, 2006.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on definition essays.
- Review brief summary on definition essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for definition essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested critical essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for definition essay were split into two categories:
Definition of 'science'
Definition of 'methodology'
Definitions of universal values
'evil', 'genius', 'eternity', 'time'
'honor', 'stability', 'dependability'
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly