Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Literature Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Literature review topics: Influential Factors in Educational Achievement
In the United States, educational achievements are close-knit to career prospects and are therefore an area of scientific interest, especially in terms of school performance, which shapes the student's career aspirations and opportunities. In fact, there are three major social influences on educational success: socioeconomic status, race and gender. For instance, low SES in the context of child poverty directly influences the child's achievements at school, as such families have been proved to provide less assistance to schoolchildren in their studies. In this sense, indirect influence can be described as poor parental involvement into school network. Similarly, gender might have direct impact on the achievement due to the existence of two different gender models of childrearing. In addition, gender characteristic might influence educational achievement indirectly, as females usually have more positive reputations in teachers' perceptions.
1) Researchers normally observe that students from working-class families with lower SES background demonstrate poorer academic performance.
2) The studies suggest that girls of teen age succeed in arts and humanities, whereas boys are better in exact sciences.
3) The studies show that students from racial majority in average have higher educational achievements that those of minorities.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) In which ways do family values influence the children's academic performance?
2) Compare the difference in academic performance amongst girls and boys from elementary and high school.
3) Outline the reasons for the impact of race on educational attainment.
1) Thomas, J. and Stockton, C. Socioeconomic Status, Race, gender and Retention: Impact on Student Achievement. Louisiana University Working Paper, 2003.
2) Magdol, L. Risk Factors for Adolescent Academic Achievement. Wisconsin Family Impact Seminars, 1996.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on literature review essays.
- Also, review additional topics for literature review essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested literature review essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for literature review essay were split into one category:
Japanese Concentration Camps in WWII
Influential Factors in Educational Achievement
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly