Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Persuasive Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Persuasive essay topics: Divorce is the best remedy against domestic violence
Domestic violence is a devastating social problem that can take multiple forms: psychological, physical, emotional, sexual and economic, so it is not limited merely to battering or physical domination. The victims of domestic violence are primarily women and children,althouth male spouses and elderly family members may undergo certain forms of offense or abuse as well. Unfortunately, this negative family issue is often kept secret for years for many reasons: economic dependence, maintenance of the image of 'decent family', fear of humiliation, and pity.
Major thesis statements:
1) Lots of women do not recognize their spouse's cruel behavior as domestic violence, so the third party intervention (friends, relatives or social workers) is often necessary.
2) Family is an independent entity, so only the participants or victims of domestic violence can intervene into family order.
3) The main cause of domestic violence is the victim's irritating behavior, so the perpetuator is not the only one to be blamed.
4) No matter how a person behaves, he/she doesn't deserve violent treatment.
5) Children, who experience domestic violence, are likely to apply this pattern in their own families in the future.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Define and explore the forms of domestic violence. Which form is prevalent?
2) The impact of domestic violence on child witnesses and on underage victims.
3) Coping strategies and psychological protection mechanisms, used by the victims of domestic violence. Is the need for saving the family unit from separation an additional coping strategy?
4) Describe the two levels of domestic violence, individual and social. How does it affect personality and society in general?
5) Should perpetuators of domestic violence be charged with their actions?
6) Can the family be reunited after the saddening case(s) of domestic violence? Why or why not?
7) Should the victim of domestic violence maintain the established family order or break the family? Do you view the household where domestic violence occurs, as a true family unit?
8) Should the victim's friend or relatives intervene if the battered spouse appears incapable of making a radical decision? Why or why not?
1) Bancroft, L. why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men. NY: Putnam and Sons, 2002.
2) Meyers, M. News Coverage of Violence Against Women. Engendering Blame. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 1997.
3) Renzetti, C, Edleson, J. and Kennedy, R. eds. Sourcebook on Violence Against Women. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2000.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on persuasive essays.
- Review brief summary on persuasive essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for persuasive essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested persuasive essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for persuasive essay were split into two categories:
Divorce vs. Domestic Violence
Career vs. Family
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly