Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Critical Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Critical essay topics: The criticism of social support for disabled
Disability policy in the United States contains two major components: employment support and transfers, or financial aid. Transfers are limited to the individuals, who are incapable of performing wage work, so that a number of disabled are forced to survive on their own. In fact, there exists an enormous inequality, as handicapped people, although employed, are usually incapable of providing appropriate quality of life, so that poverty rates in this social group are very high. Furthermore, employment support for disabled not always allows working in the area of competence, or interest, so that their professional development is problematic.
Major thesis statements:
1) The number of human service organizations, providing support for disabled, is quite small, so the government should primarily stimulate the establishment of charitable agencies.
2) The U.S. social policy is today directed at maintaining public health, so disabled individuals usually receive high-quality healthcare, especially those having professional trauma or temporary disability.
3) Importantly, a number of handicapped and disabled people view government support as humiliating and therefore avoid applying for additional payments.
4) Disabled are still discriminated at workplace, as they usually receive lower wages and salaries regardless of the quality of their performance.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) The DI and SSI programs, their major weaknesses and faults.
2) Provide your propositions for further enhancement. Should government work on correcting the image of disabled?
3) Which forms of human services are most preferable for disabled? Which organizations address their needs more appropriately - government offices or charitable agencies?
4) Ageing and disability, the interrelation between the two issues and the government support for disabled seniors.
Burkhauser, R.V. and Daly, M.C. United States Disability Policy in a Changing Environment, September 2001. FRB of San Francisco Working Paper, No. 2002-21. Available online at SSRN: :http://ssrn.com/abstract=709341
- Continue by reviewing some general information on critical essays.
- Review brief summary on critical essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for critical essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested critical essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for critical essay were split into two categories:
Social policy issues
Social support for disabled
Mental health policy
Women rights in Muslim world
Gender equality in the US
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly