Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Literature Review Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Literature review topics: Literature review on 'Cognitive-behavioral therapy'
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an umbrella term that refers to the complex of therapies, which influence human cognitive and emotional perception of the issue the person needs to change and the corresponding reinforcement of the alternative, refined behavioral model. It is nowadays used as an additional treatment of mental disorders and also is very helpful in various psychological trainings and workshop (e.g. assertiveness workshop). The cognitive-behavioral treatment is used as a supplementary or alternative "remedy" against mental disorders in practically all mental health institutions throughout the United States.
1) The cognitive-behavioral therapy includes Cognitive Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Rational Living Therapy and Rational Behavior Therapy.
2) The therapeutic system is based upon the cognitive approach to perception.
3) The cognitive-behavioral therapy is brief, but it has proved its workability with numerous groups of clients.
Primary issues to discuss.
1) Outline the areas of application of the therapy. With which group of clients is it most effective?
2) Explore the concept of therapeutic relationship in the context of cognitive-behavioral approach.
3) Describe the scheme of the major techniques, used in this system.
4) Outline the theories and perspectives from which the CBT derives.
1) Addis, M. E., Hatgis, C., Krasnow, A. D., Jacob, K., Bourne, L., & Mansfield, A. "Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral treatment for panic disorder versus treatment as usual in a managed care setting. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology", 72 (2004):625-635.
2) Fals-Stewart, W., & Birchler, G. R. "Behavioral couples therapy with alcoholic men and their intimate partners: The comparative effectiveness of bachelor's- and master's-level counselors". Behavior Therapy, 33 (2002): 123-148.
3) Jacobson, N. S., & Christensen, A. Studying the effectiveness of psychotherapy: How well can clinical trials do the job? American Psychologist, 51 (1996): 1031-1039.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on literature review essays.
- Also, review additional topics for literature review essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested literature review essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for literature review essay were split into one category:
Japanese Concentration Camps in WWII
Influential Factors in Educational Achievement
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly