Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Evaluation Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Evaluation essay topics: Suppression of arts and humanities in contemporary education
Education is supposed to be sensitive to the needs of society, so that school and university curricula are modified in response to industrial, technological, political and sociocultural changes. Major stress in contemporary U.S. education is placed upon the approximation of training to real-life settings, so that students are primarily expected to learn basic social skills and further have practice in the areas of manufacturing and production. On the other hand, arts education is today being inhibited due to the existing industrial and technological demands, which naturally include the need for qualified programmers, engineers and health care professionals.
Major thesis statements:
1) Arts education is a vestige of pre-industrial age, when the accumulation of scientific knowledge was extremely poor.
2) Arts and humanities play key role in human development, since they actually determine the harmonious personality growth at early age.
3) Arts and humanities provide knowledge each American should possess.
4) Arts and humanities are useless, since they do not actually provide successful career development or vital social skills.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Evaluate the place of arts and humanities in school and university curricula.
2) To which degree have arts and humanities courses been curbed or narrowed over the last two decades? How can you explain this tendency?
3) Are humanities likely to nurture humanism and tolerance in our society?
4) Should school and university students learn more psychology, philosophy and literature?
1) Adams, D. and Goldbard, A. crossroads: reflections on the Politics of Culture. Talmadge, CA: DNA Press, 1990.
2) Hirsch, E. D. Jr. Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know. Houghton Mifflin, Boston, 1987.
- Continue by reviewing some general information on evaluation essays.
- Review brief summary on evaluation essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for evaluation essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested evaluation essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for evaluation essay were split into two categories:
School and university issues
Suppression of arts and humanities
The importance of sex education
The availability of education
Aggression and violence
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly