Custom Essay is providing qualified assistance with Evaluation Essays. Please, learn more about
our service in this quick guide:
Evaluation essay topics: Affirmative action in college and university admissions
Affirmative action refers to the set of practices, which prioritize certain minorities or allegedly discriminated groups in college and university admissions. Affirmative actions first included racial or gender quotas, introduced in response to the policy of multiculturalism. After the case known as Bakke v. California quotes were declared as unconstitutional, but higher education institutions continued using the other tools of increasing diversity. The core debate over affirmative action includes the opposition of favoritism and racial privileges, regardless of the numerical majority or minority of the group in the overall population.
Major thesis statements:
1) Affirmative action is based upon racial preferences and is therefore a source of social division and stereotyping.
2) Affirmative doesn't actually solve the problem of social inequality, so that the growth of availability of higher education through affirmative action is questionable.
3) American democratic principle of fair competition is neglected in affirmative action.
4) Cultural learning can be enhanced through the diversification of college environment, i.e. through affirmative action.
5) Affirmative action is not a remedy against the student's really poor knowledge and learning abilities, thus, it is simply a waste of government funds for educating academically unfit individuals.
Primary issues to discuss:
1) Evaluate the current situation with affirmative action in our country.
2) Explore and analyze the case Bakke v. California.
3) Should affirmative action be revitalized and legally enforced?
4) Discuss the possible abuses of human rights through affirmative action. Is it likely to support favoritism?
5) American meritocracy and affirmative action. Does affirmative action undermine the U.S. value of personal merits?
- Continue by reviewing some general information on evaluation essays.
- Review brief summary on evaluation essay topics.
- Also, review additional topics for evaluation essays, including:
> brief description of the suggested evaluation essay topic;
> possible thesis statements for the essay;
> primary issues that can be discussed in the essay;
> some readings and sources suggested by our writers for the topic.
Selected topics for evaluation essay were split into two categories:
School and university issues
Suppression of arts and humanities
The importance of sex education
The availability of education
Aggression and violence
Still uncertain about further steps with your essay or other writing assignment?
Let our professional writers assist you with this burden. Please, read about our
, open a quality issue ticket
Essay support system
place an order
to get customized solution
that fits exactly